First off this story I guess is about "on-line feedback" but I think there might be a little bit more going on here...(I have often jokingly stated that I may be psycho at times yet I have never claimed to be a psychic heh-heh)
Okay....I first want to start out by saying that I have bought a lot of things on-line from the hand made venues and also on eBay....and never once in my entire "purchasing" time did I leave someone a negative feedback until after I tried to resolve whatever problem I may have had with the purchase...and even then...I can probably count the negs I gave someone on one hand... but it was NEVER done without first contacting the seller....and if I am really being honest here...I have occasionally left people a "positive feedback" even if I was disappointed with the quality of the item I received....I am a firm believer of caveat emptor....and if the seller didn't knowingly do something to deceive me...they get a pos...but that's just me---I think that if I didn't get a good deal....it's my bad and I will be more careful the next time in the same situation LOL and I guess that might make me a little different than others :)
I guess I may look at it a bit differently but HEY! maybe I'm weird or maybe I'm just Limited Edition :)...alzzz I can say is that I myself am happy about all of the small businesses that are still in business and hand made shops that I have to choose from...and when I contact these people..I know I am not going to have to dial a 1-800 # ..get put on hold or transferred over and over...and FINALLY end up talking with someone that I can't understand who doesn't understand my problem....I guess the point I am getting at...is that if I have a problem with a purchase....I tell someone about it first...because maybe it won't be the problem I think it could be----and I hope that by spending my time writing this....that maybe someone out there will realize this and will think twice before "jumping the gun" because if you have a "REAL" problem...and dealing with a small business---the odds are definitely in your favor----you in my opinion will receive better customer service than anywhere else. And of course that is just my opinion.
For instance....not long ago I purchased an old sewing machine on eBay and I actually bid on it for the case....not the machine..these old sewing machines are easy and cheap to find..but with the case and in good condition.....not so easy. I got it for a great price from a newer seller and guess what? The package arrived and the case on the sewing machine had been shattered because the seller (being new and never had packaged a large heavy item) they didn't put enough padding or even write "fragile" on the box. I have to tell you..I almost cried when I opened up that box...I was so excited about getting such a good deal yada-yada...and then to open it up and see it shattered.....huge bummer indeed....Let's see-- I could have given the seller a "negative feedback" and all 1's on the DSR rating (which would have smashed her ...chances of ever showing up higher in the views from her eBay debut)..I could have filed a claim with PayPal and received a full refund plus probably could have kept the damaged machine unless I was compensated for the return shipping....but instead...I talked to the newbie seller and gave her hints about how to package these sort of things...I even paid $35.00 out of my own pocket to return the machine to her after she refunded my purchase price. Why? She didn't do this maliciously...also--these new sellers are the REASON we get lucky and catch a good deal sometimes----because they don't know what they are doing yet HELLO?...chit happens sometimes...and she got stuck with a damaged machine. Okay so that is my most recent example with the way I roll if I have a problem with an on-line purchase===and I do it because like I say...I am happy that there are small sellers out there where we can still find unique and different things....I like saving money at Wal-mart but if everything in my house came from China I think I might as well freaking move there maybe?
Okay....so here is where Valley,Nebraska rolls into the picture...and granted--this Lesa P. person is the only Person I have ever dealt with from Valley,Nebraska so maybe ya'll don't live on another planet....even tho I am left with the feeling that something SMELLS very fishy down in the Valley and no I am not down with that LOL..but totally serious....
Okay...so here's what happened and I am linking her responses as well and maybe someone will chime in and maybe not-----
This gal Lesa P. aka ManjisMate ........from Valley,Nebraska......
so she rolls into Zibbet the other day..joins the sight and buys a vintage tape dispenser from me. I hear absolutely nothing from her until this....da-da-da-da a big fat red negative one my feedback that says
|This product does not work....VERY DISAPPOINTED .. The tape does not cut, all it does is mess up the tape. Will not shop here again. Will tell the friends not to trust your item||ManjisMate|
|W-O-W just W-O-W..buyer has a "supposed" problem yet makes no attempt to contact me.... instead leaves negative feedback LOL! I do not trust this type of buyer W-O-W just W-O-W :(||spankyluvsvintage2|
so then I send her this message---
- About your disappointment
- Hi hun :) After googling you..I was indeed a bit surprised about how you seem to not have any problem reaching out to total strangers and asking totally mundane questions....so naturally I found it very odd that if you had a problem with your purchase that you wouldn't have simply tried to contact me about it before the feedback you left ....LOL But hey! I am a firm believer that this is America and we are all entitled to our opinions :).....Very odd that you joined Z to purchase only from me and left the FB without contacting me first tho???...and I think anyone with a lick of sense will figure that out :) Anywho.....best wishes in your future on-line purchases and I sincerely hope that your disappointment with the item you purchased from me will not leave your panties in a permanent wadded up bunch in your 1st Zibbet "buying" experience.... all I can say is THANK God for all of the people who love me locally and keep me very very busy when I am not working at my real job :)....and what happened here is really a great topic for my little ole blog.. with the topic---- ABOUT FEEDBACK.... but I will only post the facts :) and of course what I listed and said and what you said and what I said here in this message...and what you reply if you actually do :) However because I love sharing my old pieces with others....I have to share a bit about this one.... back in the early 70's my mom and I found an old desk at a swap meet...we painted it bright orange and I added a bunch of "flower" stickers to the drawers.....I loved it so much I knew I had to keep adding some new desk "tools" and I found this "new old" vintage tape dispenser a few years later at the monthly Rose Bowl Pasadena California swap meet that I have been going to for many many years......I myself have pulled ripped and used many a piece of tape out of that dispenser until I graduated from High school and sold the desk....but this is the same tape dispenser that you ended up sending the haters towards me for LOL! It worked the last time I tossed it in a drawer over 30 years ago....and seriously....if you really had a problem with it....I would have refunded your money and just given it to you for free if it really brought you so much disappointment regarding it's "supposed" functionality. But I would have to think..that because you didn't contact me about a real issue when at the same time I see that you do indeed reach out to total strangers on-line----I can only assume that you had some sort of a "hidden" motivation here... but it's okay....like I said..we are all entitled to our own opinions and I am a firm believer that karma is entitled to interpret those actions <3 you spanxed me instead of thanxed me I could whip out a vintage hankie but instead....the duct tape over my mouth was a better go getter and I chose to laugh instead <3 xo the totally untrustworthy seller = me according 2 U :)
- and lo-and -behold....we finally have this 1st actual real communication from her
- Jul 28, 2012 8:51pm UTC
- RE: About your disappointment
- I tried and tried to get in touch with you. There was no way to tell you of my disappointment. Yes I did get it for use, had no idea it was like mine, worn out. Well I just wanted one that worked. No I have 2 that don't.. lol......Just my Luck I guess.... Thank you, Lesa
- so I haven't had any messages whatsoever...her contact phone number has not called my contact phone number clearly on the invoice....and every person I have ever dealt with on Zibbet has had absolutely no problem contacting me and yet...I give her the benefit of the doubt....maybe something got "haywire"...she doesn't live in an area where cell phone reception works...she doesn't know how to simply click the "green link" that says "contact seller" and takes you DIRECTLY to a message window to send to the seller....okay..so I message her one more time with this.......