Saturday, July 21, 2012

The Hard Yard Reflections on those Missing Moments

It happens every now and then and this morning there it was....that moment when I forgot...and automatically picked up the phone and started to call mom's #.....she passed away in 2010 but I still have those moments when I still forget that fact.....I guess old habits are hard to break....anywho...I wrote this today and decided to share it here because maybe someone else out there has had these same type of moments and can relate :)
....................................................................................................

The Hard Yard

Spanky Luvs Vintage on Jul 21, 2012

About those missing you moments.


The Hard Yard
I’m not sure which is harder
……………………………………
calling you (because I forget)
you are no longer here
and that moment when
I push the red to end the call
in mid-ring
or is it the Holidays
when you are not there
it’s just the empty chair
staring at me
taunting me
because you are not in it.
But I can feel you here
I know you are still here
somewhere in my heart
and that is the hardest part
my hardened heart
so seemingly hollow after
you left
so different
and yet
it feels like it is getting
back to real.
What I wouldn’t do to be
able to touch you
to kiss you
to see your pretty
smile
embrace
touch
warmth
I miss you momma
and it is still
the hardest
yard
mile
moment
in my life

Read more: http://authspot.com/poetry/the-hard-yard/#ixzz21JSITWlj

No comments:

Post a Comment