Sunday, October 19, 2014

My Crappy $10 wheelbarrow

So last Saturday....hubs and I got up early and did a little yard selling junking trip. We wound up in the Westchester area of town and I have to say that someone like me who loves old things and appreciates how they continue to thrive.... I love the old down town area in my hometown ....sometimes just going on a random drive and looking at all of the old houses that are still in their fabulous glory today...is just to me a nice way to RELAX and spend a little extra time.
So the yard sales in the Westchester area.....
what a blast!  At this point in my life the degenerative arthritis seems to keep getting worse but even on my worst days I feel so lucky to to have so many wonderful supportive friends who encourage me each day to keep on creating...I can never thank any of them enough!
Okay so Rhonda ramble back to the Westchester blocks of yard sales last week thang... hee-hee
We are at this one house and I have picked out a couple of things and then I spot this wheelbarrow turned upside down. The thing is covered in cement and is rusty and obviously has spent a good quality of time here on earth helping someone make and create many foundations sort of things......Something inside of me told me that I instantly felt a connection with this old ugly thang LOl!..So I ask the guy how much it is and he tells me that he was asking $20 but that I can have it for $10 and I tell him that I will take it.
Hubs rolls his eyes...pulls out the Sergeant Stadanko "STARE" attitude and tells me "Look I know I do not see things the way you do but we do not need this wheelbarrow no matter how much it is"
I tell him to relax that I am gonna use it to display things in and am gonna make it look purty.
So he is kind of pissed about me buying a wheelbarrow that I do not need in this lifetime or even my next lifetime.....but after about 20 minutes as we are rolling down the street with what I felt was all of my beautiful purchases packed inside of a poor old ugly wheelbarrow...he ends up telling me that it was worth the ten bucks just so he had something to carry all of my crap in LOL! I told him that the dadgum tire on the front of the wheelbarrow was worth at least 10 bucks..but went about my happy and he was whistling as well.
So Friday after hubby got home from work I asked him if he could sand the wheelbarrow for me cuz my hands were pretty sore....he ended up knocking off a bunch of the cement but I told him not to worry about the inside because I planned on putting some fabric on it.
I wish I had taken a before pic....of the wheelbarrow that had a royal blue hue with tons of rust and cement caked on it......
but yesterday morning I woke up at 4 am because my body was telling me I couldn't lay down anymore.
After a trip in the hot tub I put on the first coats of paint before it got daylight......
and it suddenly became a work in progress LMAO!
And I have to admit that at one time yesterday as I was working on this in the midst of some other projects.....
I had an old school country radio channel playing out back and suddenly the song came on...."When I Get To Where I'm Going" and I ended up with huge tears in my eyes as that is one of the songs Momma chose to play at her funeral....but at the same time I thought it was so fitting....
And at that point I did add a couple of flowers that have the words "Family" on them as a shout out to moms......
at the end of my day....
family is at the heart of everything that teaches you how to make ugly things beautiful.....and at the end of finishing up my crappy $10 dollar wheelbarrow.....all I knew about "When I get to where I'm Going" is at this point in my life I don't think I am there yet....but I am slowly learning how to disconnect with the things that prevent me from being who I really am---and am still trying to figure out that fine mess one day at a time LOL!
I kind of think I ended up with a dadgum fine arse pretty wheelbarrow though :D




No comments:

Post a Comment