Friday, October 10, 2014

New Old Hollywood glam upcycled table and more projects gettin' er done

So starting off with my fave of the ones I worked on today.....
this old table reminded me of Old Hollywood when we got it quite awhile back....it sat outside collecting dust until yesterday when I started in with the decoupage.....and I really like the new look....
compared to where it started from
I still have a few more coats of varnish to add to the top but the copies of the old Hollywood images along with a few vintage theater tickets....are looking like they are ready to glam it up in someone's new home for a few more years to come :)......and yep it took awhile to cut out all of those images and carefully place them on top of the old table....but I really think the end result was worth the time and effort.

here's a small half moon table I also did at the same time....the top of this little table was covered in glue and looked kind of harsh.....I decoupaged a piece of an old vintage map on top and think it looks pretty sweet.
A couple of weeks ago I purchased some fab vintage fabric from my buddy Robin @ Etsy any old time along with some other fabric that I have a plan for.  Hubby had made me promise that I would not paint these chairs as I originally thought of doing them up in a turquoise....
So I compromised with the hub and settled on a black stain and think that the fabric from Robin while definitely vintage....certainly gave these old chairs a new Pop!
This old Stackmore chair had some damage to the seat covering...
I left the original seat intact but covered it with some vintage light green polka dot fabric and then added a pillow I made from some vintage owl fabric that I scored awhile back...

Hubby brought this old table home the other day....and poor thing was looking quite trasherized....
but after a little chalk paint and a crown image in white chalk pen.....I think it is ready to live another regal life in someone's life :)
Looks like a bit of rain is in the forecast and headed our way.....need to get a few more projects completed this weekend ....hope ya'll have a fab one!

1 comment: