Thursday, June 21, 2012

Ice cream Cones Are Way Better Than Sippy Cups

My little story for today is one that still makes me smile.....
On Daddy's Day....we went to Sizzler's....and hubby and I let Kev pick where he wanted to go (and I like the salad bar there and was glad he chose that destination)....I don't know if Sizzlers is nationwide or not but they have some pretty decent steak seafood and salad bar meals and the dining is casual......simply a....
shoes and shirt required kinda deal LOL!
So we had a nice meal....and Lexie was really really good.....(for the most part) and cracked me up as usual with her comments.....
so she already had a bowl of ice cream and strawberries that hubby had gotten for her after he was done eating ....
me---- I am slow-mo these days.....and I finish my meal and get up to go get a little after dinner dessert...and Lexie says..."Can you bring me another surprise?"......
So I go to the ice cream machine and grab a couple of cones and put some chocolate pudding in the bottom...I toss in a few chopped nuts...I add a dollop of whipped cream and top it off with some vanilla ice cream....and I also get a bit of vanilla ice cream in a bowl for myself lol!....
I head back to the table and give the first cone to Lexie...and she starts crunching....
I give the other one to Chloe....and she kind of looks at it....and isn't quite sure what to do with it.....Momma Sarah tells her it is food not something to play with....cuz she is just kind of "fondling" the cone and spinning it around and around in her hands...and finally...Chloe takes a "lick"......
and I am telling you...watching her devour...that cone was the high-light of my day...and it still makes me smile......she fondled that cone so lovingly....(after she knew what kind of "goodness" was inside of that thang.......LOL!)
And after we left the restaurant...we went outside to a water fountain and I noticed she was still "munching" on something....it was the "nuts" that I had sprinkled on top of the pudding in the bottom of the cone LOL!
She knows now that ice cream cones are way better than sippy cups...... and it was such a joy to see her finding out how wonderful something as simple as an ice cream cone really is :)......
I don't remember my first ice-cream cone experience..but I think it must have been a good one LOL.....
Here's a pic that Sarah took of Chloe enjoying her first one that I made for her.....
And here is a random pic that sarah captured of Lexie enjoying the sprinklers recently :)
I think if I had one wish...it would be simply that we all could remember how life's simple pleasures bring us the greatest happiness when we are young..and myself included....when I am having a bad day...if I could only focus on ice cream cones and sprinklers and all of the smiles that those two simple things in my life have brought me..........
I think that nothing else should really matter when bad things are happening except to know that you also have so many good things to cling to :)
Sometimes I laugh too much....I am the woo-hoo silly one......but I am so happy that I have things like this to make me smile and laugh and hollah the "Whoo Hooo Hollahs" :)
Thank you life.....
I guess that is all that I have to say in this little story today.....

No comments:

Post a Comment