Sunday, June 10, 2012

Should I FEEL OVERWHELMED? Confessions from the edge

Okay..guess it's about time for another one of my confessions here....
hubby and I have a garage that is not attached to our home (that was built in the 50's)....needless to say we do not park our vehicles in said garage..even though I would think that parking your car in  a garage -- is what most garages are intended to do lol!
Anyhoo..this eve when I got home from work... we went out to my "outside closet"....(formerly known as part of the garage)..but seriously....hubby "owns " the entire area that was designed to park a 1954 car in...--so my "closet area" is not taking away too much from his "man cave"..... LOL!....Okay..so it is definitely time for me to start seriously going thru some of the "clutter".... and I actually sorted through 2 tubs that were in the doorway as you first walk in...and I confess right here and now that for a minute or two..I kind of felt "overwhelmed" with my options.....bottom line..two simple tubs have well over 1,000 items that need to be photographed and listed in order to try and sell.....do I say who cares? And simply list the entire contents on eBay..and just give it away now give it away now.....so to speak?...Or do I take the time to sort and keep and make time to take pics of the things I think are not worth simply giving away?  And I have enjoyed going thru the tubs this eve..yes I have to confess that as well...yes indeeedy dooooo.....it's like I'm a frickin kid at Christmas whenever I do this "tub diva divin chit" because there is no way in heck that I can "forever log" what is actually in there ---So do I just give it away----or take a bunch of photos and try to sell for what it is worth???.......yada-yada...is going through my mind over and over tonight....
I mean just in these 2 tubs alone----- I am holding in my hands for example --love letters from the 1800's.....Mongolian transcripts on old linen paper from who knows when?......to a 1960's Rod Stewart posing on the cover of the Rolling Stones..to a recipe for pigeon pot pie.....and-----yes....the hoarder inside of my otherwise "business Brain" tells me...put them away....put them away Rhonda for another day.....but the aging realist inside of my head now....feels instead a bit overwhelmed....and yet..I know that I am simply going to still enjoy what I do...photograph and list what I can..and also feel blessed to know that I have a couple of nieces and a nephew who loves this old chit as much as I do...and whatever I do not get done here...I know that they will carry the torch after I am gone LOL..and I know that sharing it is better than keeping it stored away in plastic tubs......
and I confess---that one of my "Whoo hooo's"  for the evening was when hubby moved a tub and a shoe box was hiding behind the tub....I opened it up and found a pair of sandals that I bought 4 years ago that are amazingly "en vogue" right now LOL!..................And Yes!!!!!!!! I am SOOOO WEARING THEM TOMORROW LOL...is that a sad attempt to make up for not wearing them one time since I bought them....nope not at all cuz I would have worn them a few times if they had not been hidden behind my tubs of "old" stuff  LMAO!!!!! Not a fan of hoarding but I must confess that the real advantage of hoarding things is that in my opinion most things almost always come back in style LOL!.....
I don't think I need to keep waiting on the resurgence of the avocado green shag carpet tho LOL

I solemnly pledge to keep living life on the edge

No comments:

Post a Comment