Wednesday, August 28, 2013

When there is not a 2 way street....it sometimes makes one feel like they might be getting extorted..even when they aren't

Okay....
after my last post...dealing with the recent star issue and feedback removing another seller option of posting their side of the story....
today on eBay....
I got this message...
"I am awaiting the delivery of my feedback, which then immediately send your feedback" ..
okay.... I have been there and done that...
many many buyers do indeed want a positive feedback....they want a high five on buying and actually paying for the item...yes they do.
As a seller....I mostly always waited until the item was delivered to try and see what was really going on....(I never really thought that simply paying for an item meant it was a positive transaction for the buyer....)
but sometimes....they thrive on feedback..they want you to tell them what a good job they did finding you and buying your item is all that I can figure..
and yes once in awhile if you are dealing with someone trying to rip you off....they demand you to leave pos feedback first so that that they can turn around and neg you...........
It is not cut and dry......
there is no puzzle or path
because each situation with any given 
individual that you are dealing with is always 
a different story.
But before eBay went to this system....as a seller I myself never had to try and second guess a buyers' real motives....it was pretty cut and dry and in your face...they left the door open for so many people there to take advantage of unsuspecting others....
and it is still that way---
Okay....so normally me---- aka "no positive feedback just for paying..." mentality---
in this situation I somehow sense that all the buyer needs is a high 5 or maybe eBay is sending him their own e-mails saying he needs to leave feedback??  I don't know....
I am at this point  tiptoeing  thru the tulips right?
anyhoo I send him this-----

"Oh gosh sorry....
I Will be happy to do that for you.
Hope you are having a wonderful week :)"


and lo and behold....instead of some sort of feedback extortion ......
I got this one....

   "  good product, as advertised, excellent seller, AAAAAA++++++"---------

but to me the bottom line is....that sellers should not have to worry about it if there is a 2 way street and if there is a problem that only happens once in awhile.....
in my opinion.....the avenue should be open for both the buyer and the seller to state their opinion about the transaction.  That's it.
2 sides to every story.....why oh why can't we keep it that way and keep it real.?
This format does not discourage good buyers from buying....it only keeps bad buyers in check....
YEPPERS---I am old school but will indeed never be swayed on this opinion
#extortion #one way street #meaningless feedback #keep it real #one way stars is not a real deal

No comments:

Post a Comment