Saturday, January 29, 2011

Weird Word for the day

fallaciloquence n 1656 -1761
okay long time ago this word was used in every day speech--
the meaning of this word was ----


deceitful speech
an example of this word in motion was...

"Your fallaciloquence, though charming, will not convince the jury to acquit. "

Okay soooo ..I'm thinking and puh-leeze ! (forgive me for thinking in my head here after the year 1761)
 Hee-Hee
I love the English language!!!!
I love words forgotten and phrases shared and passed on
old word......fallaciloquence.????..it almost sounds like a  modern day "Fart Phrase" to me :)

My sentence would be something like this... about  modern day fallaciloquence
"Don't try to Fool me with your fallaciloquence..cuz I will carp all over that  deceit---harder than a turd in a septic tank."

Foo??? What were you thinkin' LOL:)

Today they are weird words...
but used to be used in everyday language...
I don't expect them to be repeated...but would love to have them not be forgotten:)

No comments:

Post a Comment