Thursday, January 13, 2011

Cold Weather Warm Wishes

With all this crazy weather lately I have been thinking a lot about warm weather and the fishing season in Trinidad Ca. Isn't it funny that when it is cold we wish for warmer weather but when it gets warm we find ourselves escaping away to cooler climates?

My parents have been going to Trinidad for several years during the warm months.  Great cool weather, fantastic fishing, and wonderful friends. It is a lovely little community! We lost my mother in May of 2010  and  last summer was dads' first trip up there without her. I was so happy to be able to see him start smiling again :)
He is quite the fisherman. They call him the "Halibut King" and this year he got 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in the Halibut contest. They say no one has ever done this before. I am going to post a few pics from the week my husband and I were able to get away and spend with him up there.
We still have lots of frozen halibut in the freezer. This is some of the best tasting fish I have ever eaten! Every time I am cooking it I have fond memories of my sweet momma reeling those huge fish in :)

 This was the catch on day one. My parents 2 doggies Muffin and Cookie are in the back ground checking things out :)

 baby bear, momma bear, and poppa bear




 It's a little bit scary when you get the big ones inside of the boat. You bleed them and finally they stop flopping around but it gets a little messy !

Thank you DAD!! I love you so much and will forever appreciate all the things that you have taught me :)

1 comment:

  1. 62.8 Lb Halibut
    53 Lb Halibut
    52.5 Lb Halibut

    In one month! Wonder if the big uns will be there this season? If they are I know you will find them dad :)!!!

    ReplyDelete