Sunday, September 23, 2012

Okie Bowl Hardtops at Bakersfield Speedway Sept 22 2012 and Grandpa Larry Hood

Photo: With the announcement that "Grandpa" Larry Hood will be running an Okie Bowl Hardtops this weekend, I figured I'd put up a couple pictures we have. This one is from an old program we have. Maybe the family could chime in and say maybe what year this was. He sure looks a lot like Kevin Hood to me here.SOOOO all in all........A super fun week where a lot of stuff like this has been posted and talked about on the radio and shared here in Bakersfield Cali.....my home LOL
With the announcement that "Grandpa" Larry Hood will be running an Okie Bowl Hardtops this weekend, I figured I'd put up a couple pictures we have. This one is from an old program we have. Maybe the family could chime in and say maybe what year this was. He sure looks a lot like Kevin Hood to me here.^^^^^^
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photo: what a team! 
So this is my mom and pops....in the 1960's....
flash forward-----
and tonight in 2012....some awesome peeps----
they got this "race thing" together tonight for my dad to come out to the speedway and race in the "hardtops"....(because it would make 4 generations having been out there racing this 2012 season.....)
My dad...has already survived what the docs called "aggressive prostrate" cancer.....he had the first operation a couple of years ago...and at that time the Docs  told him they were lucky and got it all....and yep..as life will have it.....it came back last year...and so as a family...we had to "go at it again"...Pops  went thru a series of radiation treatments that made him very weak of course....but he came out of that doing quite well and he took off on another fishing trip......
I always EVEN to this day tell my dad that he still is in better shape than all of his kiddos :)
anywho...dad is back in town now...and the race tonight and seeing him out there was such a blast....super duper blast....I honestly can remember when I was about 4 years old...and watching him race out there at the Bako Speedway.....
This is me and older bro and "Zippy the clown" at Bakersfield Speedway..way back then LOL!
And here are the pics I took tonight out there....we had a lot of fun....but the car dad and my baby bro Mikie ended up driving  was IMO seriously a tank of a turd that couldn't turn left and be fast at the same time ever...LOL! Okay so here are some pics from the  "4 generations celebration" tonight---and we had a nice celebration indeed :)....(thanks so much to Mike Mosier and Steve Hughes as well....your announcing about my family... and giving Pops his props.....was so awesome! I love Bako!)












 This is how we roll.   I  am thankful every day of my life that I still have my Pops in it.  My only wish is that Momma could have been there showing us all the "Shake and Bake" leg thingie that she had mastered so well in her life time. :)....But tonight I was happy for him that he has Martha there now.....so loud and proud in his corner....and knowing that My Momma had a seat way way way up there in the stands tonight watching her family and smiling down on us!    Icing icing icing...shake and bake baby :)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment