Monday, December 19, 2011

Some Stuff I Made From Etsy Reseller Items

So I have talked a bit about some of the Etsy reseller items that land on the front page quite often and about my feelings that the items aren't going to go away because those sellers make the venue a bunch of money.
Today I want to share a few pieces I made starting out with "pocket watch" necklaces that I bought from an Etsy RE-seller who had them listed in the "handmade " category. On these I added some vintage dominos that I made into pendants and also some vintage and newer pieces. I think the girls are going to like them:-)......

For Kira....  the wee one who already has her own sense of direction
 For Taylor...one of my favorite cowgirls...
 For Kacey the spirited believer....
 For Allison the guitar rocking art major....

Hope ya'll are having a great week so far....OMG...only 6 more days till Christmas :-)!!!

2 comments:

  1. What a great way to take lemons (reseller items) and make lemonade (awesome items!). Your items are delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. spanky luvs vintage said...

    Thank you so much Angela for your nice comment :-)
    I look at these "reseller" items the same way I look at supplies that I buy from "Fire Mountain Gems" for instance...the pendants can be used to create other things and should at least be listed in the "Supply" category on Etsy. The fact that this seller has been featured in the "handmade" category on the front page of Etsy is what led me to take these items that I bought from them and try to give them a "handmade" new life LOL! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete