Thursday, April 18, 2013

Live Life With A Little Spice mosaic inspired beans macaroni and seeds back on my wall again Whoo Hoo :)

So yep....hubby sees me tonight with my little plastic tray of macaroni and beans and seeds along with my little tub of tile mastic...and he says "Don't tell me you're sticking food back on the wall..."...
so I tell him "Nope not on the wall..just on the fence stake sign I am making...relax already (insert smile he simply can't resist.. wink wink.)" 
And I have talked a bit about how my kitchen used to have this big mosaic I made with pasta popcorn beans seeds....yada yada...and it was kind of a joke that you would never really go hungry in my house because we had food stuck on the wall and yah at that time my son was telling everyone that he knew when I ran out of room that I would start sticking stuff on the ceiling and people who knew me then and still know me now are still saying things like "Thank GAWD she's not a tweaker cuz just think of all the even crazier chit that she would be doing???"
So when we did our first kitchen remodel....and we ripped out that wall with my food mosaic on it...I'm not kidding you....I almost felt like a child was being ripped from my loins....it was just a part of me that was me and I had grown really used to it being there....and suddenly it was gone and I had a bigger brand new shiny wall that I promised hubby I wouldn't sponge or stick food or broken plates or anything on....(nothing permanent at least haha)...
okay so these past few days...we have been doing a bit of a remodel in the kitchen and I have been repainting some things because what better time to do that than when your floor is tore up and you don't have to worry about messing anything up?..and one project just kind of keeps leading to another....but anyhoo......
I just somehow sort of knew that I really needed some sort of food stuck back somewhere on my wall again....I can honestly say that I know at this point in my life that I really changed as a person after I lost my Momma...and it seemed like missing her in my life...it also made me miss other things that had seemed familiar in my life and I wanted to just get back to being the thing that I really think nowadays is really me...and this foodie thing on my wall somehow happened to be one of them..strange to some but to me...putting something like this back on my wall is just my way of saying "YEP---I'm still here" :)....and here is the little plaque I made out of two fence stakes....I haven't added the grout to it yet...am waiting for the mastic to dry....


Even tho I have always been one who will say...."If you need a doughnut then eat one...just don't eat the whole dadgum box"...I must admit that these days I am trying to add some more healthy food choices into my diet just because I know that after all these years of the meds for arthritis....they certainly at this point haven't been doing my organs any favors so now I finally feel like I need to start doing the best I can to eat healthier stuff and I have been adding lots of things like amaranth, quinoa, chia seeds, etc......
so yep----there are some black beans and chia seeds on this new "foodie thing" on my wall. hee-hee.  I saw an article the other day that most people (and I could see myself in this one)...we live our lives as if we are going to die young...but the smart thing to do would be when we are young to live our lives as if we are going to live to be a hundred plus years old...and later on---our bodies will certainly thank us for that type of consideration LOL!
Next.....could it possibly be some floor tiles with real bacon encased in resin in my kitchen??? LMAO....who knows???

No comments:

Post a Comment