Sunday, April 29, 2012

I still luv Etsy Artisans...always have always will

Okay...so tonight I changed my blogger profile pic to one from my personal FB page....and the reason I did that is this....
I love handmade....I fell in love with Etsy when I found the site....I have never considered myself to be an Etsy basher...even though I also Love me some good doses of "Regretsy" LOL...we all just have a few questions every now and then....However----in my new blogger profile pic-----   Along with my grand baby sharing LOL! ---I am also wearing one of my most fave hats of my entire all time purchases from (I think) a fabulous Etsian.... LOL! Yahhhh...that's a pretty BIG statement  (considering the fact that I make a lot of purchases from many on-line venues) ......anyhoo...I bought that hat from Runzwithscissors on Etsy..and sorry RUNZ  if I spelled it wrong......
alllllllzzzzzz I'm saying is this....I love hand made....
and even tho I still have my shop on vacay there after a so called "trainwreck re-seller thread" that I started one night................... I can see what the sellers there are feeling....you don't want to bash the sight you are on..it's kind of like giving yourself a very bad hand-job so to speak.....but you don't want to drop to your knees and say "How about some more CHEESE PLEASE????"  Because quite frankly.. I think that is what the sellers are getting doled out there....in small batches be that as it may....but come on.....we all know that it's all about the bottom line $$$$$....when any sight outgrows it's intended intentions...is it time to move on to the hopefully NEXT big thing....or should you play it safe and stick with what you know and love...even though they might be in bed with partners who are all about the BIGGEST $$$$ money honey?
HMMMM...so who exactly is the "Winner winner chicken dinner"... on this one?
Mehhbeezz some could be calling it a "loser loser Ahmmmm just a boozer " situation?    
And Still....aboutzzzzz.... me myself and I...I luv and always will luv all of the amazing Artisans I have met on this site..... I have never considered myself  a loser but almost feel like this.....after I found and keep losing the direction that this sight seems to be going....
Am I indeed a loser for believing and allowing myself to get  "sucked in" in the first place ?  Am I indeed a loser for questioning my loss in that belief later on ? Am I indeed a loser now for posting the recent issues that many shop owners there are dealing with? I know that there are indeed many things I won by finding the Etsy venue...and they will never be taken away from me ....and even though I do not have an open shop there now...I still have to say "Hollah" and best wishes to the true handmade Artisans who are still there just trying to thrive :) Ya'll are winners in my book!
P.S.....my profile pic that I had up means a lot to me....taken on the day of my Momma's funeral and the fact that I smiled that day..kind of gives me inspiration when I view it---- but my new profile pic....means a lot to me as well....support hand made... that is the only thing in question....to support a "collaboration of collectives"??? are you serious you CSI Crackdown CRACKER WHACKERS??? more people were hired on by you to Crack down on the cracksters ??? ARE you serious bischhhhesss??? That takes up too much time and energy on my part to keep searching to see if you are really real or not..come on CSI team...come on..be 1/4th of the McGuyverer's that you acted like you thought you would be or were  in that WSJ post and at least!!!!....get the lead and biocide issues out of the issues first and foremost puh-leeeze....Don't make these and them your most favorite people that you are proud of and say others should emulate and perhaps some day will be able to quit their day job----sorry about the cheeeeez sneeeezzzzeeee :(

1 comment:

  1. Aw. I'm verklemt! On a bad day of a bad week, this brought joy to my heart and a smile to my face! I, too, love so many Etsians! Sellers and buyers. The community means little to the powers that be right now, as they proceed to turn it over to resellers and factories, but it has always meant so much to its many members. And I count Rhonda among them!

    Smooches!!!

    ReplyDelete