Monday, May 6, 2013

About My Kia Soul and Tony the sales rep

Okay....so I sell furniture in my day job....
(most who enter here very often know that about me already)....and a lot who enter here know about my degenerative arthritis....yada yada...that I am old school and that until today I was still rocking a 12 year old Kia Rio that only had 41,000 miles on it.....I drive my puppy to and from work....and ride with my hubby whenever we actually really go anywhere.....that is pretty much how I roll.....
So yes I am old school.....I don't like bills if I don't need to pay them...I like not owing people....I don't have much I guess....but what I do have I always try to share with others who don't have as much.....and I really really feel blessed to have the things that I have always had.
And honestly....at the end of the day..when I count my blessings.....it all boils down to the fact that I have been blessed with a wonderful set of parents....who instilled in me what I am today......
they really really made me what I became....and I honestly believe that your parents do have a big part in what you finally end up being.....
(for example if your parents were pieces of crap....you will spend your life trying to be better than what they didn't give you....and if your parents were saints....you will spend your life trying to be as good as they were...at least in my mind...that is what I believe..and at the end of the day...when you grow up and realize that everyone makes mistakes at one point in their life or another.....you may realize that the path of life only leads to redemption....bottom line.....)
So I guess I am trying to make excuses here about the way I have lived my life....
I just never really wanted much or NEEDED much......I just always knew that I get more out of giving than I get out of having......and that has pretty much been my lifestyle and the way I live.
Okay.....my "joke" has been for the past few years that my 2001 Kia Rio could very well be my COFFIN....that you might as well bury me in it because I will probably die before it does.....
one of my nephews calls me "Rhonda RIO"....LOL!
but yesterday hubby and I were in a drive-thru getting our "coffee fix"....and I saw a "Cube" car from Nissan??? in front of us and was like...."HEY that is a ME kind of vehicle"...and hubby says again....like he has been saying for the past 5 years.....why don't we get you a new car????
So I get to work and start my googling and I find that the KIA Soul is a couple of thousand dollars less and has higher ratings.....and I am pretty much sold on it.
Then my Niece shows me those you tube vids of the "Chipmunks" and I was all "Dang I can bump that chit up HOLLAH!"....
So this morning we arrive at Haddad kia in Bako....and the sales guy "Tony"....good dude...from start to finish.....good dude.....
a gazillion stars good job when I get the survey on him LOL!....
He told me is is rather new at selling....I tell him I have been in the retail market for over 30 years and that people often tell me that they appreciate the fact that I am honest with them.....I myself don't think that you have to lie to someone in order to sell them something....I really don't think that is part of the equation at all.
Okay....so they try to offer me nada for my old Rio with only 41K on it. (and acted like it was a great offer even though I know that yes they do make quite a bit of $ on trade-ins....and hubby heard the appraiser saying he had a buyer for it...before I agreed to trade it in LMAO!)...so yePPPPzzz---I kept my old car and gave it to my son for a work car.....I was then amazzzzzzzzzzzeddddddd balzzzzzzzzzzzzzz that my credit score was 842.....I got a great interest rate.....
and yah....I am now rollin in a new ride......with an automatic transmission.....the main reason I decided to "buy" another car...instead of just letting them all simply "bury" me in my Rio....is that with my arthritis....a lot of days....it really tends to be a buggar.....pushing in that clutch and shifting.....and letting the clutch out....when you are experiencing pain......
and those of you out there who do deal with that.....
all I can say is 
"JOYFULL JOYFULL"
momma's rollin with an automatic transmission now....whoo hooo!
We be alien green rockin and rollin'.......
and smiling :)
honk if you are rollin' with some "SOUL" LOL!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment