Sunday, May 12, 2013

The Morning after A night at Bakersfield Speedway and a Bit O My usual rambling :)

So I wake up this morning still hacking as if I had just inhaled a carton of non-filtered Camel cigarettes in less than 60 seconds.....
yep that old clay at the Bakersfield Speedway has a way of clinging and sticking around with ya :).......
my fingers are kind of "cramped" still holding the number "2" configuration hee-hee.
Last night was pretty decent....my brother and Nephew and Nephew by marriage were all out there getting sideways.....it was KUZZ night....(can I get a boot scootin' boogie hollah from the back row come on????).....and knowing that even though I don't go out there very often anymore.....the place still hasn't changed a bit.  And yes...I guess you could say that sometimes....it's a good thing when things don't seem to change much. Bakersfield Speedway is kind of like a home town constant ...(and I am glad that it still has that quality)---- The announcers....Steve Hughes and Mike Mosier....are so dawg gone entertaining and they really make the crowd feel as if everyone there is part of a great big family affair.
So last night the boys had a bit of bad luck....(those dang yellows coming out just after they made some great passes and I darn near crapped a brick when my bro and one of my "adopted" family members got sent to the back of the line-up on a restart when they did not cause the wreck......
but hey! It's just racing and we can always get er done better the next time around right? LOL!)
And yep this morning I'm still coughing like a chain smoker with TB to boot..and I just get off of the phone with my son who calls to make plans for this eve and of course with the "Happy Mothers' Day...I love you Momma" thing......
and I tell him...........
"Hey seriously THANK YOU son for making me a MOMMA".  :)
and it got me to thinking.....
about all of the people out there on a day like this who have never known their real Mother or who have never really known in their heart what it feels like to have a good Mother.
And I just want to send out a big ole cyber hug to those of you out there who fall into that category.
Momma's rock way more than the cradle....and they will keep on rocking until the end of time. 
Thank God for all the good Mommas out there.  Amen.
hope ya'll have a super Sunday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment