Friday, May 3, 2013

Obsessive Behaviors

Okay....sometimes we wonder why in the world are some people so obsessive in their behavior.????
...be it.....for a few examples---
obsessing about a lovers' past loves...
or
obsessing about someone who dared to disagree with you...
or
obsessing about one topic they are currently obsessed with
( and they are posting over and over and over on venues about the same thing over and over and over)...
and I am often thinking why does this happen and why can't these peeps simply move on???
But I think at the end of the day we often realize that some people do not think the way that we ourselves might tend to think is the "normal behavior" of thinking....
here is one example of something that will always stick in my mind until the day I die as a good example of extremely unusual and obsessive behavior....
okay....
someone I know...was involved in a relationship with someone who had previous relationships with others.... but hey guess what?...she also had had many many relationships with others....okay so flash forward to when she became super duper obsessive about one person from her "loved ones'" past----she actually sent one of her step children up to the door of a complete stranger one day in a "muse" of selling "Girl Scout" cookies....just so she could get a glimpse of who answered the door and assure herself that the former one had not moved into her neighborhood....
to me.....if she really thought that the gal had moved into her neighborhood ---
uhmmm HELLO?? QUACKADOODLE DOOO????....
here's a clue----
go knock on the dang door yourself.....don't hide in your SUV and involve dadgum kids in on your obsessive behavioral tendencies!.....
but hey....that was my opinion of the way she acted then and has often acted since then. WHEW!
So we might judge someone like this and think that we would never act in this manner....
but we really don't know what is going through the minds' of people like this....and what they are actually thinking.....all we know is that we question their manner of reasoning....and at the end of the day....
that might indeed be all that we really know.
And believe it or not...even though I am often very in your face with all of my wacky-ness...and will flat out tell you that hey I am  sometimes a bit "CRAY cray"....BOTTOM-line----I have always been in your face CRAY CRAY....
not hiding in the closet crazy and trying to convince the rest of the world that I am something I am not...LOL!
I guess with this rambling for the day...what I am trying to get at....is that I have had a few instances in my life where I tried to resolve a problem.....because yes...that is actually what I really am pretty dog gone good at.....and people do still to this day ask me for advice when they are having problems....they seem to think that I still  have a "voice of reason" to offer them (LMAO!)....okay...but every once in awhile....you just expect the other person to at least meet you somewhere in the middle if you actually want to resolve any type of issue you may have with them.....or you just need to figure out how to walk away and never look back in that rear-view mirror...because sometimes....once you cross that line and find out what is really going on...you may never want to deal with certain peeps ever again.
And it doesn't necessarily make you right and them wrong....it only means that they no longer have a place in your life where you might choose to allow them to bring any of their obsessive negativity into it...
and moving on and letting go....
it is indeed harder for them thar obsessive personalities....
some people will never ever admit that they have done anything wrong...they always want to blame others for their unhappiness or their misgivings and unless you are willing to lie and tell them that they are "right".....
you really do need to just walk away.
I know that sometimes it is hard..especially if you have always had a way of resolving certain issues......
but sometimes......
just letting it go and walking away.....
is the only way to put these type of people and their obsessive behaviors....
behind you.
And that is just my rambling for the day.
Peace ya'll :)

No comments:

Post a Comment